Each of our publications has corresponding teacher materials designed for it, including a teacher supplement. Starting in the 2018-2019 School Year, Studies Weekly will include teacher materials on all orders of 10 or more student publications. The teacher supplement includes assessments, lesson plans, answer keys, etc.
The teacher supplement is also available online at www.studiesweekly.com/online. You will find many other amazing teacher materials online including; lesson plans, standards correlations, worksheets, primary source documents, teaching ideas, virtual field trips, and more.
Accessing The Teacher Supplement Online
- In the blue menu bar select the Reading tab
- Select your publication icon from the list available
- You may also select the week you are working on. This provides more Resources to you than if you were simply on the publication.
- Scroll down past all weeks to the Resources tab found at the bottom
- Find the quarter you are interested in viewing
- You may choose to View the file online or download it to your computer
- PLEASE NOTE: All password protected PDFs will be encrypted with your login email address as the password.
What You’ll Find Inside
Within the teacher supplement, each week is laced with detailed descriptions, explanations and references in regards to the lesson. It provides a list of vocabulary words and theme words for the class to know. In addition, it suggests alternate literature and websites to browse for further information and resources. It even offers a summary of what students have learned prior and what they were taught the previous year.
The teacher supplement then lists the week’s objectives and provides guided questions for each section within the week. In some cases, teacher supplements can be overwhelming but we try to make it easy and straightforward. Our whole goal is to make sure teachers are spending less time planning and more time teaching.
Go ahead and login to view the teacher materials for yourself! Let us know what you think in the comments below. For further tips and resources, view here.